- Do you like chicken? Do you like honey-mustard? Do you like rosemary? If you do so, read the Cast iron CHICKEN recipes. It shows you how to mix these charming materials together.
ONE PAN ROSEMARY HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN RECIPE
Everyone is crazy about honey-mustard.
I believe it’s probably the most well-loved of condiments. Both my husband and children love it very much. It was only a matter of time before I came up with a healthier & slightly more grown-up dish as an excuse to eat copious amounts of this golden sauce.
Sometimes when we cook, we always choose chicken. Photos are also important. Adding potatoes meant it would be a complete one-pot dish, which in turn meant less washing up and more deliciousness to suck up all that scrumptious sauce.
And rosemary just be the best partner of all this. This will be hard to resist.
A few days ago, I shared some photos on my instagram account. Much to my surprise, amount of people asked for the recipe. So I shared a rough recipe. I really happy to know that many people actually made it. And it has become one of their most popular meals.
First, you should brown some onions. This step is optional but adds tons of flavor and depth to the dish. Having a cast iron skillet or a pan/skillet that goes on the stove top AND in the oven is a big time-saver and means you will really only use one piece of cookware for the whole dish.
Then you arrange your potatoes on that bed of golden onions, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, cover loosely with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
After that, you take it out again and arrange your chicken breasts on top and smother with this crazy-good sauce. I have told you this dish is super easy. I bet you will love this sauce so much and you’re gonna want to make another batch and keep it in your fridge to put on everything you like. It’s like liquid crack I tell you.
Next, you just need to add a few sprigs of rosemary and bake, covered for 20 minutes. Finally you get it.
HONEY-MUSTARD & ROSEMARY CHICKEN
PREP TIME:10 mins
COOK TIME:60 mins
TOTAL TIME:1 hour 10 mins
Boring chicken breasts get smothered in a more grown-up version of much loved honey-mustard sauce in this super healthy and easy one-pot chicken dinner.
- • 400-600g potatoes (depending on size of pan), cut into thin wedges or sliced
- • 600g chicken breasts, cut into thick strips (or use tenderloins)
- • 2 medium onions, finely diced
- • A small bunch of fresh rosemary
- • Olive oil
- • Salt & pepper
- FOR THE SAUCE
- • 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- • 3 tbsp. grainy mustard
- • Juice of a large lemon (or 2 small)
- • 1 tbsp. olive oil
- • 2-3 tbsp. honey
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C (390F).
- In a Cast-iron cookware (if you’ve got one), cook the onions in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat on the stove until softened and starting to brown, about 12 min.
- Take off the cast iron skillet and put your potato slices on top. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper & salt. Cover loosely with foil and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all the sauce together in a bowl. if you like more acidity you can add more lemon, if you like more sweetness just add more honey.
- Take the pan out of the oven and put your raw chicken on top of the potatoes. Then pour the prepared sauce on top. You ‘d better make sure everything is coated. And you can throw a few sprigs of rosemary on the chicken, cover again with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the foil and turn on your oven’s top grill on high and bake for a further 15 minutes until nicely browned.
Find a wide variety of recipe uses for your cast-iron skillets and pans that will deliver full flavor in every bite.
Next , a recipe about ONE PAN CHERRY & ALMOND DUTCH BABY.